Class is in session – get on the waitlist:
For those who can read music in treble and bass clef and play hands together at least a little bit. We’ll learn to play from lead sheets (melody and chord symbols.)
Learning to play using chords and lead sheets is liberating! And it’s also awesome for the person who doesn’t particularly like reading from sheet music.
When my student, Jason, first began to play chord style piano using lead sheets he was looking for a way to enjoy playing piano more creatively. He was an ok sight reader but he had zero knowledge of what chords were or how to play by chords. By the end of our time together he was so happy with his ability to create unique, full-sounding arrangements of his favorite songs using just a melody line and chord symbols!
This class follows the Unit 5 curriculum from PianoVideoLessons. You’ll learn:
- Play all of the major and minor triads in any key! ✓
- Play music with chord harmony from a lead sheet. ✓
- Play chords in different inversions. ✓
- Create left hand arrangements using inverted chord voicings ✓
- Play interesting LH chords using patterns that you choose yourself! ✓
- Play arpeggios! ✓
- Play familiar chord progressions, and even make up your own! ✓
- Read a chord sheet to jam with your friends, or sing along while chording! ✓
- Get hours of enjoyment at the piano! ✓
How the class works:
When you enroll you’ll receive:
- Five, 45-minute interactive zoom group piano classes, held every other week
- These classes are taught live in order to dynamically address your specific needs from class to class! not pre-recorded.
- Replays for a full year – for whenever you need to hit ‘refresh.’
- 8 weeks of direct access to and personalized coaching from Lisa, your piano teacher!
- If you need extra help or suggestions, simply ask in our Private Facebook group!
- Post a video and you’ll receive directed feedback.
- Peers: in a Private Facebook Group Community. This group is where you can share stories, videos and camaraderie – get inspiration and learn tips and tricks from Lisa AND your peers (see more details on this below).
- Lisa checks in regularly during the week to give you new tips, motivate you and see what you’re up to! Her gentle motivating teaching style will really keep you going.
- Flexibility – these online piano classes are just like learning with a live teacher, BUT with the added flexibility of creating your own learning and practicing schedule.
- A tailor-made and student-centric piano learning experience –to make sure that YOU get the attention you need in order to put your piano learning on the fast track.
- PianoVideoLessons curriculum PLUS! We’ll be following the PianoVideoLessons pre-recorded curriculum, PLUS you’ll also receive LOTS of extras, bonus drills, worksheets and more.
- Motivation – sometimes we all need accountability. This class will give you the nudge you need to make piano practice part of your regular routine. They are engaging and personal. You’ll love being part of the learning community!
What Do I Need to Enroll in an Online Piano Class?
Don’t worry, you only need a few basics:
- An internet connection
- An instrument A piano or a digital keyboard are great.
- Time to practice – it is recommended that you have around 30 minutes, 5 or 6 days per week for review and practice. Piano is a skill which requires daily attention to make steady progress. These group classes will keep you motivated to practice!
- A Facebook account (if you want to join in on the fun & learning with me, your teacher, and your peers) If you don’t have one, they are easy to create, you only need an email address. And if you really don’t want to use the Private Facebook group, you can still participate in the class, but you’ll be missing out on the fun between classes!
- Not mandatory, but nice to have: a digital video device (smartphone, tablet, digital camera) to record and share video of yourself playing. Trust me, you will want to monitor your progress and see how far you’ve come in just five months.
Ready?! … let’s go!