Watch the Video Lesson
Do the Workbook Pages
Practice your notes with Note Rush
In this lesson you’re going to learn to read some of the neighbors and skips from low and high C.
- Remember: Low C requires 2 ledger lines.
- A neighbor above Low C is Low D, it sits touching 1 ledger line.
- A skip above Low C is Low E, it sits on 1 ledger line.
- High C requires 2 ledger lines
- A neighbor below High C is High B, it sits touching 1 ledger line.
- A skip below High C is High A, it sits on 1 ledger line.
- Note: Low and High C’s also have outer neighbors and skips – they are outside the scope of this course. You can work out the notes yourself, adding a 3rd ledger line in order to form the skip.
Now complete the worksheets in the coursebook and the Note Rush drills to securely learn and practice the neighbors and skips from Low C and High C, as well as all of the notes learned so far.