Unit 1 lasts 4 weeks and contains 16 lessons.
In this lesson (1-6) you will learn:
- Space Notes
- Treble G Neighbors: F and A
- Practice writing notes
- Note Naming Exercise (answers at the bottom of this page, scroll down.)
Unit 1 Lesson Materials, 28pp
(Includes: Lessons 1-16)
Less than $1 per lesson!
Videos are all free!
Additional Daily Practice:
- Practice Google Maps 1-1
- Practice G! I’m a Drummer 1-2
- Practice Landmark Notes 1-3
- Finger Strength exercises: Knuckle Presses, Making O’s and Digging in Dough
- Review Note Letter Names
- Review Rhythm terms: Whole note, half note, quarter note and their time values
- Read your lesson notes
Practice Suggestions for all pieces:
- Clap the rhythm and count out loud!
- Check the time signature
- Write in the counting
- Count Out Loud while you clap the rhythm (daily.)
- Name the notes
- Before you play the first time name every note, if it’s a new piece circle any note that gives you pause.
- Review circled notes (daily.)
- Find your hand placement carefully and think about relaxed curved fingers that press into the keys.
- Scan the music and identify the note direction (or the up/downs.)
- Play while naming notes
- Play while saying note direction
- Play while saying finger numbers
- Play while counting out loud. Do NOT skip this step!! Any insecurities will show up when you are counting as you play. Do this step until you can play without stopping at a tempo that is pleasing.
Scroll down and click the MARK COMPLETE button to save your progress.
(If you don’t see this button, you are not “registered” for this unit. Go back to the course description page and click the green “start” button at the bottom of the page.)
Note Practice Answers:
G A F G
A A F G F
G A G A F
G F G G A
G A F G G
A G G F G