This lesson uses the same 3 chords as Jingle Bells, plus 2 more: G7 and Dm. If you’re brand new at this, go back to lesson 1 and learn Jingle Bells to get the basics. O Christmas Tree is a perfect second lesson, paying tribute to this Christmas symbol found in many homes.
- Level 1 learn the melody and add simple single note harmony.
- Level 2 use chords to harmonize (in root position and voiced inversions.)
- Level 3 create arranged patterns for the left hand using interesting/ sophisticated harmony.
- Choose your level and Watch the Video!
- Print the PDF (optional) Available below. Lesson package includes: Lead Sheets (both standard notation and alphanotes for beginners,) A Chord Reference Sheet and Chord Inversions and Voicings practice sheet.
- Practice! Begin with the first level. Learn the carol well with right hand before attempting to add harmony with the left hand.