- Unit 1 – Beginner 1 Start playing piano while learning to read on the staff. (16 lessons)
- Unit 2 – Beginner 2 Developing hands together coordination, basic reading. (16 lessons)
- Unit 3 – Novice 1 Time signatures and dexterity, basic reading. (16 lessons)
- Unit 4 – Novice 2 Reading hands together. (16 lessons)
- Unit 5 -Piano Chording 1 Play piano with lead sheets and chords. (16 lessons)
- Unit 6 – Piano Classics 1 Learn your first piano classics, including Fur Elise, Moonlight Sonata and more! (16 lessons)
Optional YEAR 1 e-book:
- Pre-Staff Beginner Piano Lessons – for those who want to ease into learning before starting Unit 1. (This, and the Note Reading Crash Course are the first units ever created for YouTube, so they’ve been around for a while! They are not needed if you are following the Year 1 Comprehensive Beginner Piano Curriculum, above.)
- Note Speller for Piano Improve your note recognition, includes ledger lines above and below the staves. No prerequisite
- Chording with Christmas Christmas Carols in 3 levels – basic harmony, root position chord harmony and arranged left hand accompaniment. Prerequisite: some treble clef note reading skill.
- Unit 7 – Chording 2 Lead sheets using chord extensions, slash chords and new LH arrangement patterns. (16 lessons) Prerequite: Unit 5 or basic chord/lead sheet knowledge.
- Unit 8- Grade 1 Technical Exercises and Etudes Technical Requirements (scales and triad exercises) and Piano Etudes (preparatory music) for Grade 1 Piano.(14 lessons)
- Unit 9 – Grade 1 Baroque Repertoire five baroque style piano pieces from Grade 1 level repertoire. (15 lessons)
- Unit 10 – Grade 1 Classical Repertoire – not yet available.
All the video piano lessons are free to watch!
Simply create a user or log in and register for the ones you want.