Waitlist for Fall 2023
The next beginner class will be in Fall 2023. Spaces are limited, and may sell out, get on the waiting list: Beginner Piano Class Wait List form
Beginner Class covering Units 1 through 4 of PianoVideoLessons – learn how to play while reading music, progressing to playing and reading hands together.
- 16 weeks of course material,
- eight 45-minute zoom classes (every 2nd week,)
- private facebook group,
- personalized coaching from Lisa.
Live Classes start Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 3:30PM EDT- find your timezone.
This class is for new beginners, no experience required. It’s also a good place to start if you’ve been stalling when trying to learn piano, or need a refresh from lessons taken years ago.
What others have said about Lisa’s Online Beginner Piano Class:
“A class is so much better than a course! Having Lisa’s personalized help really got me over the hurdles of learning piano. I would have paid double for this class!”
“You break things down easily and give clear guidance and helpful tips and exercises. Thank you for being such a great teacher – not only to us but also to the many others out there in the world who are trying to learn how to play the piano!!!”
“ I am so impressed with how much I learned during this beginner class. I thought I was all thumbs, but Lisa’s patience and direction have proved me wrong!”
“In just 16 weeks, I went from not being able to play piano at all, to being able to play with both hands together! And I can read music! The class felt a little quick at first, but after the 3rd class, I got into a rhythm. Thanks for everything Lisa!”
How it works:
The 4 month class is based on the Year 1 Curriculum Units 1 through 4, including the pre-recorded video series and ebooks, plus lots of bonus materials. You can take this class if you’ve never played piano, or need a review of beginning concepts. There will be extension material presented for more experienced beginners or for those who are re-taking the lessons after self-study.
When you enroll you’ll receive:
- 4 months of LIVE online interactive group piano classes. 45-minute classes twice a month.
- The bi-weekly classes are not pre-recorded. They are taught live in order to dynamically address your specific needs from class to class!
- Replays for a full year – for whenever you need to hit ‘refresh.’
- Structured learning and practice plan.
- The class is paced over 4 months. Every 2 weeks you will receive a Learning and Practice Plan that corresponds to the content of the live class.
- Direct access to and personalized coaching fromLisa, your piano teacher!
- extra help and practice suggestions
- Post your videos to our groups and receive directed feedback.
- receive personal coaching in real time during class, if you want it.
- Peers: in a Private Facebook Group Community. This group is where you can share stories, videos and camaraderie – get inspiration and learn tips and tricks from Lisa AND your peers (see more details on this below).
- Lisa checks in regularly during the week to give you new tips, motivate you and see what you’re up to! Her gentle motivating teaching style will really keep you going.
- Flexibility – these online piano classes are just like learning with a live teacher, BUT with the added flexibility of creating your own learning and practicing schedule.
- A tailor-made and student-centric piano learning experience –to make sure that YOU get the attention you need in order to put your piano learning on the fast track.
- PianoVideoLessons curriculum PLUS!
- We’ll be following the PianoVideoLessons pre-recorded curriculum, PLUS you’ll also receive LOTS of extras: more song, bonus drills, practice guidance, worksheets and more.
- Motivation – sometimes we all need accountability. This class will give you the nudge you need to make piano practice part of your regular routine. They are engaging and personal. You’ll love being part of the learning community!
What Do I Need to Enroll in an Online Piano Class?
Don’t worry, you only need a few basics:
- An internet connection
- An instrument A piano or a digital keyboard are great.
- Time to practice – it is recommended that you have around 30 minutes, 5 or 6 days per week for review and practice. Piano is a skill which requires daily attention to make steady progress. These group classes will keep you motivated to practice!
- A Facebook account (if you want to join in on the fun & learning with me, your teacher, and your peers) If you don’t have one, they are easy to create, you only need an email address. And if you really don’t want to use the Private Facebook group, you can still participate in the class, but you’ll be missing out on the fun!
- Not mandatory, but nice to have: a digital video device (smartphone, tablet, digital camera) to record and share video of yourself playing. Trust me, you will want to monitor your progress and see how far you’ve come in just five months.
Ready? Great! Let’s go!